Tuesday, February 07, 2006

divy's Olympic project

I am making the Cashmere Cowl from Cat Bordhi's site. Only it's not cashmere, because I am neither rich nor crazy. I know it looks like a small project, but the casting on alone should take me the better part of 3 days (okay maybe not, but maybe...) I also have two young children who demand a lot of attention (they constantly want to be fed, played with, etc. what's up with that?) and I am going to be out of town for a portion of the knitting time (not that I can't knit in the car) and I have to finish Tom Sawyer too. So I am just full of excuses ;)*

I bought a skein of Malagrigo merino in Azul Bolita (I absolutely adore the colour. I want to swim in it.) The great thing is that it is larger skein than the pattern calls for, so if I end up with a lot of time/yarn left over, I can maybe knock off a couple of wrist warmers to match.

I just finished winding the hank into a ball. My fingertips are stained a little blue, and I have this rough patch on one finger that is annoyingly snaggy. Must moisturise. Then, must swatch.




* I am a sarcastic person by nature. I can't help it. Lack of smilies here makes it almost impossible to get that across in writing, so just presume that, unless stated otherwise, my tongue is firmly planted in my cheek.

3 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger Lauren said...

Mmmmm, Malabrigo. Those skeins seem to go a long way. Have fun with it!

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

That color is GORGEOUS divy, I love it!

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I love Malabrigo. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home