Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Frick's project

Ok, I'm really blog stupid (as evidenced by my lack of posting to my own blog), but since I've decided on a project and bought the yarn today, I'll go ahead and post. I will be making the first shrug pictured here: pink shrug I will post a picture of the yarn when I figure out how to do that. I hope to swatch this evening. Knit on!

And I've figured out how to do the picture thing so here you go!



It's a 50/50 silk and wool yarn. I'd say it's a heavy worsted weight. I chose the color to match a dress I will be wearing for Easter and used the gift certificate that my wonderful brother* (LOVE YOU!!!) gave me for Christmas to pay for the yarn. He lives just down the street from a simply scrumptious LYS. I'm really glad to have had the gift certificate because I probably would not have gotten myself such a nice yarn if I had to pay for it myself!

*This is indeed the same brother for whom I spent many months knitting a garter stitch replica Dr. Who scarf that ended up to be nearly 20 feet long. See my blog for pictures.

3 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Can't wait to see it finished!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger C to the A to the M to the O said...

I LOVE that yarn! Beautiful!

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

That yarn is really pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home