Monday, February 27, 2006

Remember the fable

of the Tortoise and the Hare? I am the hare of the Knitting Olympics. I had SIXTEEN WHOLE DAYS stretched out before me. Surely I had time to fix a few holes in the walls and ceiling? Surely I had time to knit a baby blanket for my daughter's friend? Surely my coveted Cinxia would sprout easily and quickly from my needles--how could I not make it in time?

Of course, I didn't count on holing up in my bed with pneumonia.

But then I didn't count on my son, spurring me to get back in the game in the very last hours.

I also didn't count on this...the small tangle of yarn--all that was left of my last ball. Just short of my last decrease row before the neck shaping and collar.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I don't know what time the torch was extinguished. I didn't see closing ceremonies. It was 1:00 this morning when I pried my stiff hands from the needles and officially conceded defeat.

**sob**

Is it too much to hope for a skein or two of Elann's Peruvian Highland wool in Forest Glade Heather (color #0651) in the Yarn it Forward box?

4 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

....

Twin? LOL What happened? I'm on the edge of my seat here.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Aww twin! Valiant effort and that's what counts!

I wish I could say I had some of the wool you need but I don't. :(

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

You deserve a pat on the back for that blanket alone. AND you got that far in the sweater AND you played drywall contractor? Hats off to you! Hope you find some yarn.

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Lauren said...

Awww, I'm so sorry about the yarn :( You are still a winner, and a Knitter I'll always look up to :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home