Monday, February 27, 2006

Remember the fable

of the Tortoise and the Hare? I am the hare of the Knitting Olympics. I had SIXTEEN WHOLE DAYS stretched out before me. Surely I had time to fix a few holes in the walls and ceiling? Surely I had time to knit a baby blanket for my daughter's friend? Surely my coveted Cinxia would sprout easily and quickly from my needles--how could I not make it in time?

Of course, I didn't count on holing up in my bed with pneumonia.

But then I didn't count on my son, spurring me to get back in the game in the very last hours.

I also didn't count on this...the small tangle of yarn--all that was left of my last ball. Just short of my last decrease row before the neck shaping and collar.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I don't know what time the torch was extinguished. I didn't see closing ceremonies. It was 1:00 this morning when I pried my stiff hands from the needles and officially conceded defeat.

**sob**

Is it too much to hope for a skein or two of Elann's Peruvian Highland wool in Forest Glade Heather (color #0651) in the Yarn it Forward box?

2 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Aww twin! Valiant effort and that's what counts!

I wish I could say I had some of the wool you need but I don't. :(

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Lauren said...

Awww, I'm so sorry about the yarn :( You are still a winner, and a Knitter I'll always look up to :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home