Friday, February 10, 2006

Well, this sucks

Here it's just a few hours before cast on and I'm still undecided between two cardigans. I swatched for the one I originally decided to make. I don't like the yarn colors. What the hell was I thinking when I ordered this ugly ass crap?

Not only that but I just checked my gauge and it's way off. The main reason I decided on this cardi VS the other is the needles. The other needs #7 circs and my son's GF has my 24" Addis. I don't wanna use crappy Boye needles for the Knit Olympics.

*sob*

OK, so back to the ugly color cardi. I don't have #10 Addis. But I have some #10 bamboo circs and I can handle that better than the Needlemasters. But my gauge is way off. Dammit. Unless I can get gauge with (too short, btw) #10.5 Addis, I'm left with the damn Boyes anyway.

**stomps off to swatch some more**

2 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger Spinsanity said...

After my Opal sock yarn splurge and the Interweave Press hurt book sale thing--I'm not allowed to buy anything knitting related. For the time being, anyway. **pout**

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Lauren said...

I'm sorry you're having problems :( And I'm more sorry for you that you can't buy anything! Hope you get it figured out soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home