Thursday, February 16, 2006

Another update

Handles are done, as is one of the icords. One more icord to go and then the evile sewing together begins.

Has anyone here done the Letter have it bag? I think I remember someone doing them for Christmas or something. Please????

I need to know where you started sewing the damn thing together - do you start sewing the center panel to one side at the top and center the zipper opening? Did you start both sides at the same time? How did you finish it? What I mean is, if I've sewed one side on and am trying to sew the last part of the second side, how in hell do you get inside to see the stitches - do I just turn it inside out to finish?

Someone help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

1 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Lauren said...

I did them. Here's what I did. I measured around one front/back piece while I pinned the center panel on, so that I could pin the back in the same way/same distance and have them match up after being sewed. So yes, center the opening. Then I'm sure that I sewed on the outside, a semi-matress stitch. I did one side at a time. I really did not worry too much when sewing it up, and it turned out fine. It felts down so much that it pretty much hides any mistakes, just don't have big holes or anything.

Sorry if that doesn't help, I'm not the best at explaining things. Are you doing the small or the large bag?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home