Saturday, February 11, 2006

Cast on and knitting along


I cast on last night as the torch was bring lit (what, around 10?) and only knit until midnight and I am about ready to start the intarsia skulls. This pattern is flying!

This pattern is so easy, it is knit from the top down with decreasing designed for a flat bottom. The handles are an 8-stitch I-cord on size 13 needles! I'm pacing myself because I knit fast as it is, and in the round is cake, because this is supposed to be a "challenge" to finish in 16 days and I don't want to finish this weekend.

Crappy picture but my new camera isn't here yet and I had to use Dh's Iraqi special and lighten it to get *any* details out of the black yarn. You can kinda see what looks like ribbing, but it is stockinette on 13's with doubled up yarn.

I've decided that if I finish up too early, I'm going to use the dark charcoal Lamb's Pride Bulky to knit another one and put it in the auction. If anyone would bid on a skull tote bag in an autism auction, I don't know, but it will look funny as hell next to the Baby Einstein stuff I'm putting in! ::lmao::

1 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Glad it's going well for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home